Apprentice: Low Voltage Technician
Join SIGNET’s Apprentice Program
Via SIGNET’s formal training program registered with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, our apprentices learn on the job under the supervision of a journeyperson. SIGNET is deeply committed to the success of its Registered Apprentice Program, which received approval from the Commonwealth in 1993.
Apprentices are employed in high growth areas such as:
- Security Systems
- Commercial Audio/Video Systems
- Control and Automation Systems
- You will be trained to install, maintain and service healthcare, audio, data, video, security and fire alarm systems.
- Four-year program, consisting of 8000 hours of field experience and 600 hours of related schooling
- Cost of schooling is split equally between apprentice and SIGNET
- Upon completion of the program your Apprentice field and school hours satisfy the requirements for the MA Class-D System Technician License exam
- Be paid a percentage of prevailing wage on certified rate jobs, depending on the Step level in the Apprentice Program.
- Step to the next level every 1000 hours of field experience (approx. every 6 months).
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
- You must have some previous construction experience (residential, commercial, home improvement, vocational training).
- Previous cabling experience is preferred.