Video surveillance is an undeniably effective way to secure any premises. This is why businesses and municipalities are upgrading to the latest video technologies and continually adding more cameras. Yet as more organizations rely on video to see what’s happening, common issues arise:
- It becomes increasingly difficult for operators to keep an eye on everything; and
- Citizens become more concerned about whether their privacy is at risk.
So how can businesses and municipalities effectively use video technology while appeasing operator and public concerns? By deploying an advanced video analytics and privacy protection solution. Here’s why:
- Take quicker action – Using video analytics such as intrusion or object detection, operators can spot threats before they escalate into serious issues. For instance, users can be instantly notified if a briefcase is left somewhere or when an intruder tries to breach into a building’s perimeter. This keeps them focused on what matters most so they can respond quickly.
- Enhance system resiliency – With everything an operator has to do on a given day, keeping an eye on system failures drops to the bottom of their list. Too often, it’s only when searching for video that they find out a device is not functioning properly. Video analytics can notify a user as soon as a camera is being tampered with, or if its image quality has degraded over time. This ensures the system is fully optimized when it’s needed most.
How unification makes all the difference
The simple solution would be to integrate video analytics with an existing video surveillance system. But what if there was a better way? Choosing a video management system with advanced analytics built into its core has unique advantages, such as:
- Configure and maintain one single platform
- Train operators once on the unified solution
- Ultimately, reduce costs and lessen headaches
Partnering with trusted integrators who are able to offer a wide spectrum of solutions that meet your specific needs is key to the overall success of any security platform. Clients have relied on SIGNET’s integrated security expertise since 1974.
SIGNET security expert and Vice President of Engineering Greg Hussey can be reached at [email protected].