Medical marijuana production security is a complex and rapidly evolving field with extremely stringent security requirements, which are regulated in Massachusetts by the Cannabis Control Commission (CCC). Authorized marijuana producers need proven technology and insight from trusted security providers to protect their property, profits, license and personnel.
Triple M was opening a new facility in Plymouth, Massachusetts and needed to meet security compliance standards, which include: a perimeter alarm on all entry points and perimeter windows; a failure notification system that provides an audible, text, or visual notification of any failure in the surveillance system; a duress alarm, panic alarm, holdup alarm, or automatic voice dialer; and video cameras in all areas that may contain marijuana – at all points of entry and exit.
Our in-depth technology know-how combined with installation and service expertise enabled us to deliver sound solutions. For this facility, SIGNET engineered customized electronic security and digital video solutions, including Genetec access control and CCTV, and a DMP intrusion system with panic alarms.
Our solutions addressed additional CCC requirements including high-def cameras that feature:
- The capacity for 24-hour recordings and retention for at least 90 days
- The ability to immediately produce a clear, color, still photo that is a minimum of 9600 dpi from any camera image (live or recorded)
- Video recordings with an embedded date and time stamp
- Video recording that allows for the exporting of still images in an industry-standard image format
- Exported video with the ability to be archived in a proprietary format ensuring authentication of the video and guaranteeing that no alteration of the recorded image has taken place
- Exported video with the ability to be saved in an industry standard file format that can be played on a standard computer operating system.
“We are happy with the decision we made to resource SIGNET as our security system integrator. Their technical knowledge, service skills, and responsiveness have been exceptional with a security project that has been constantly evolving and growing. The Genetec security system they recommended and integrated has been invaluable to us,”
said Joe Flaherty, Director of Security, Triple M.