Master a skilled trade that’s in demand: Low Voltage Technician
Join SIGNET’s Apprentice Program
Via SIGNET’s formal training program registered with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, our apprentices learn on the job under the supervision of a journey person. SIGNET is deeply committed to the success of its Registered Apprentice Program, which received approval from the Commonwealth in 1993.
- You will be trained to install, maintain and service healthcare, audio, data, video, security and fire alarm systems.
- Four-year program, consisting of 8000 hours of field experience and 600 hours of related schooling
- Cost of schooling is split equally between apprentice and SIGNET
- Upon completion of the program your Apprentice field and school hours satisfy the requirements for the MA Class-D System Technician License
- Be paid a percentage of prevailing wage on certified rate jobs, depending on the Step level in the Apprentice Program
- Step to the next level every 1000 hours of field experience (approx. every 6 months)
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
- You must have some previous construction experience (residential, commercial, home improvement, vocational training).
- Previous cabling experience is preferred.
The Application Process
- Online Application
- All applications are submitted digital via our online application system. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications via email or regular mail.
- Your application should include your resume, a one-page cover letter, which tells us about you and your interest in the SIGNET Registered Apprentice program.
- Telephone Interview
- A brief telephone interview will be the first formal step in the interview process. You should be prepared to talk about why you are interested in joining our Apprentice program, and why you would like to pursue a career in telecommunications.
- In Person Interview
- An in-person interview is the second step in the formal interview process. During the in-person interview you will meet with members of our Human Capital, Human Resources, Project Management, and Field teams. You should be prepared to talk about why you are interested in joining the SIGNET Apprentice program, and why you would like to pursue a career in telecommunications.
- Decision Phase
- The Registered Apprentice Program is a career path. We evaluate each applicant with eye towards the future of SIGNET’s work force. We will ask that candidates do the same; after your in-person interview, we request that you proactively reach out to us to express your interest in the program.
You are also invited to complete and submit the EEO Self-Identification Form. Completion of this form is completely voluntary and confidential and in no way affects the decision regarding your application for employment. Please see the previous web page for the form.
No phone calls please.
SIGNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Actively Seeking Women and Minorities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org